Events in the Algarve
There is always something happening in the Algarve. From concerts, festivals, parties, sports events to exhibitions: there are enough events in the Algarve to keep you entertained. Most of the events are held during summer, but you can find plenty of things going on outside the high season as well. Whenever you are going, there will be something going on during your holiday. On this page you can read which events to enjoy.
Make sure to check out the following events:
- Feira de Santa Iría (Faro, October)
- Festival da Sardinha (Portimão, August)
- Festival do Marisco (Olhão, August)
- Folkfaro (Faro, August)
- Loulé Carnival (Loulé, February/March)
- Oktoberfest (Porches, October)
- Portugal Masters (Vilamoura, October)
- Sagres Birdwatching Festival (Sagres, October)
- Sand City (FIESA) (Lagoa, June until November)
- Silves Medieval Fair (Silves, August)
- Smooth Jazz Festival (Albufeira, October)
(click one of the links above to read more information about that event)
If you would like to see more of what is going on during your holiday in the Algarve, check out the official event guide of the Algarve Tourism Board.
Download the Algarve events app
There is actually a handy app from the Algarve Tourism Board, that shows you exactly where the next event is. You can download it for free. The app is available for iOS and Android.